I’m sorry that I’m late in posting this. We had crazy whether last week, that climaxed on Friday and kind of took over our lives for a few days. I offer my sincere and heartfelt condolences to those who were affected more than we were. I’m grateful to be alive and still have a house to live in.
So, change what you snack on. It’s easy and difficult at the same time. A lot of traditional snack foods have flavor and appetite enhancers that become addicting, making this step particularly difficult for those who eat these foods. Chips, crackers, cookies, fruity snacks, etc. very often fall into this category. If you find yourself getting edgy and having a very difficult time breaking away from these foods, try taking a homeopathic anxiety remedy for a month while you transition. It really helps. You can buy it online through my link or find a natural medicine store near you that sells homeopathic remedies. Whole foods, Henry’s/ Sprouts market and other smaller specialty shops sell them. Ignatia Amara is the one that I like the best, but taking it with Aconitum Napellus will really help if you are dealing with serious anxiety and panic disorders. Choose 200c/ ck or higher. Just take one, not five as the bottle recommends.
Here’s what you’ll snack on (all foods eaten between meals):
- Fresh, raw fruits and vegetables
- Raw, unsalted nuts and seeds and natural nut butters (no sugar or hydrogenated oils)
- Unsulfered, dried fruits. Try this recipe for power bars.
- 100% whole grain breads and homemade crackers
- Homemade dips made with extra virgin olive or coconut oil and no other added fats. Try this, this or this recipe.
Here’s what you’ll pass up:
- store bought crackers
- fruits snacks
- twinkies and other sugary cake-like things
- ranch dressing
- string and other cheeses
- veggie chips, etc (you know what you shouldn’t be eating!)
You don’t have to give up these things altogether in this step. You can include them in meals (taco salad with corn chips, etc) but not snack on them between meals. If this is too difficult, just get rid of them. It’s easier to resist when they aren’t around.